Welcome friends!!!

We are so glad you stopped by to share our blog. We love life and each other immensely. As much as we want to be with everyone at once it is just impossible, at least until they finalize that cloning stuff (jk). So this is a way for us to keep in touch with you and for you guys to share things with us. Do not be shy. We love to hear from friends new and old (especially if it has been a while). Let's chat, let's catch up, let's reconnect.

We wish you only the very best,
Kimani, Datnee, Nehemiah, Kimberlee, Daniel, and Naomi Smith

Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Man's Love

I have heard many times that there are women who get jealous of their "daughter" taking too much attention away from the husband/dad. I never really got that. I just don't quite understand how jealousy could make its way into that kind of interaction.

Tonight Kimani and Naomi were just falling in love. They stayed comfortably in cloud nine as she babbled to her daddy and he showered her with kisses. It was so beautiful it moved me. I was in heaven too, but in a different way. I was so glad to see them bonding and connecting.

At that moment I got it. When a marriage is rocky, unstable, or a woman is unsure and vulnerable it can be easy to feel like the daughter is taking attention and maybe even 'love' away from her.

The sad part is that they are two separate relationships. Totally different and apart. Fulfilling different needs and needing different things to make them successful.

When those lines/boundaries are crossed I can then see how a woman may feel jealous of her little girl emitting so much love from her father when she, as a woman, is having difficulties in the relationship and may yearn for such responses.

As for me... I'll stand a room away for a little while longer and watch the loves of my life fall in love with each other again...and again.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was awesome. - Leah